All Saints is hiring! Now accepting applications for part-time Music Ministry Associate. Please see Job Description below:
Music Ministry Associate
Summary: All Saints Lutheran Church in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, is seeking a Music Ministry Associate to partner with the pastors, staff, musicians, volunteers, and Music Director to support and enhance our multi-generational music program. Organized in 1975, All Saints is a congregation of the South Carolina Synod of The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. We are a Christ-centered caring congregation welcoming all and proclaiming the gospel through worship, witness, and service in Jesus’ name. As a vibrant mid-size congregation in a fast-growing coastal community, our disciples seek to grow in faith and in our impact on Christ’s mission in the world. All Saints thrives on the active involvement of our members in all areas of our ministry, but our worship life is the quintessence of our community. The normal schedule for All Saints is Sunday services at 8:30 and 11:00 am, with choirs and instrumental musicians to lead worship and provide special music. The 11:00 Chancel Choir rehearses on Thursdays at 7:00 pm, and the 8:30 Choir meets monthly on Sunday afternoons. We are currently considering the addition of a mid-week worship service after the pandemic.
During the pandemic, we have maintained our 8:30 and 11:00 services as drive-in worship. Our congregation will enter a time of transition when COVID-19 area case numbers decrease to acceptable levels. We hope to have a return to our normal worship practices by mid-2021 with the Music Ministry Associate position being filled by early summer.
The total expected weekly commitment: 15 hours
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Role: Music ministry at All Saints is an integral part of our worship expression and discipleship experience. The Music Ministry Associate will work under the supervision of the Music Director to engage children, youth, and adults in music education and offerings for worship. The Associate should have a thorough understanding of the Lutheran liturgical tradition but be open to expanding our congregation’s musical repertoire.
Desirable experience and background:
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience is preferred
- Proficiency on piano and organ sufficient to play hymns, liturgy and anthem accompaniments at sight
- Ability to sing and play with accurate pitch and rhythm
- Ability to coordinate and conduct individuals and groups of musicians (voice and instruments) with confidence and reliability
- Interest in developing young musicians
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to help recruit musicians to participate in worship
- Ability to work as a team member to achieve All Saints’ music ministry goals
All Saints Lutheran Church allsaintsmp.org
Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to collaborating with the pastors and Director on the overall worship life of the congregation, the Music Ministry Associate will:
- Lead and direct the children and youth music programs (toddlers through young adults);
- Coordinate children and youth voices and instrumentalists in worship;
- Provide music selections and accompaniment for a mid-week service(s);
- Assist the Director with piano & organ accompaniment for the Chancel Choir (11:00);
- Explore the creation of special music ensembles;
- Provide accompaniment for services in case the Director of Music is unavailable
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
The Associate will work collaboratively and at the direction of the Director of Music, so teamwork and flexibility are necessary. The Associate also must be willing to assume the position of a faith leader, as well as be faithful in their own personal discipleship.
Contact: Please send a cover letter, resumé, and the names and contact information of three professional references to Rev. Ginger Litman-Koon at email@example.com or to All Saints Lutheran Church
Attn: Music Ministry Position
2107 N. Hwy 17
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29466
Mount Pleasant is a part of the Charleston, SC metro area. The region is immersed in history and culture unlike any other. The economy here is diverse, and there are numerous schools nearby that offer graduate degrees.
- The College of Charleston
- Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC)
- The Citadel
- Clemson Design Center in Charleston
- Charleston School of Law
- Charleston Southern University