Your congregational leaders have been staying tuned to the latest updates that affect our community and the health and safety of our members. As local and national authorities have recommended limiting gatherings, the All Saints Council has suspended in-person worship during this time.
However, we also feel called to be creative in maintaining worship continuity; therefore, in the interim, All Saints will be offering “Drive-in Worship.” Please join us at 8:30 & 11:00 on Sunday – in the safety of your vehicle! Here are the details of how it will work:
- First and foremost, if you are feeling ill, please stay home.
- The pastors will provide a Service of the Word; Communion will not be offered.
- We ask you not to get out of your vehicle.
- The outdoor service will be broadcast through a small FM transmitter, and you will be directed as to how to tune in. We will attempt to have the Hearing Loop system available for those who need it.
- The Worship Bulletin for April 5th is available for you to print and bring with you. Bulletins will be available for those who did not print at home.
- For those staying home, a video of this unique opportunity will be available here on the All Saints Mt. Pleasant YouTube channel. You may wish to subscribe to our channel for worship services as well as daily devotions.
Ash Wednesday began the season of Lent, the forty-day journey toward Easter. Marking our foreheads with dust, we acknowledge that we die and return to the earth, tracing the life-giving cross indelibly marked on our foreheads at baptism. We heed the prophets’ call to “return to the Lord” with the disciplines of Lent: opening our hands to the needy, fasting from self-indulgence, and renewing our commitment to devotion and prayer.
This year, our Lenten theme is “Sabbath,” as we remember God’s commandment to honor the Sabbath day and keep it holy. So that we can embrace God’s gift of rest, all congregational ministries are encouraged to refrain from scheduling events on Sunday afternoons/evenings. The pastors have provided Sabbath Practices for you to do at home each Sunday afternoon in Lent.
Sunday, April 5th PLAY
At the Muller house, the evenings are family time. We play cards, games, checkers, catch. After dinner and before bed no phones are answered, no business done.
When do you set aside time for play? How inviolable is it? Make time to enjoy your children or spouse. If you live alone, call a friend to catch up. Play nourishes our delight. When we engage in “purposeless” enjoyment of one another, we harvest some of the sweetest fruits of life.
“Truly I tell you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will never enter it.” And Jesus took them up in his arms, laid his hands on them, and blessed them. – Mark 10:15-16
The following schedule changes have been implemented in response to the restrictions on meeting and emphasis on social distancing:
- All in-person gatherings and activities should be cancelled or postponed until further notice.
- Wednesday Lenten Services and Soup Suppers are cancelled.
- First Communion instruction is postponed.
- Sunday School classes are suspended until further notice.
- Choir rehearsals have been suspended until further notice.
- Thursday Morning Bible Study will not meet until further notice.
- Spring Workday is postponed.
- Respite Care will not meet until further notice.
- AA will not meet at All Saints until further notice.
- All Boy Scout activities at All Saints are cancelled until further notice.